Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Numark Mixtrack Pro II
by Diego Romero
            Mixing music with the Numark Mixtrack Pro has always been fun. The Numark Mixtrack Pro II is a DJ turntable USB device. I bought the Numark turntable last year for Christmas time, and I ordered from Amazon for $200.00. It came on a medium box with a USB cable, Serato DJ software, user guide, safety and warranty manual. It was great music equipment to add to my home music studio. Before buying the Numark Mixtrack Pro II, I was undecided which turntable to buy, so I made a research on DJ equipment. I found out the Numark had the best customer reviews and best ratings by professional DJs. The price was affordable, and I specially liked its features.
Professional DJs have described the Numark as one of the best turntable of 2013.
According to Chris Roman, Numark Product Manager, "When we first released Mixtrack Pro, there was nothing else like it—it set the bar and gave DJs and aspiring DJs everywhere truly professional capabilities," "Mixtrack Pro II is the next step of that evolution the bar just got even higher." (Numark.com) These kind of reviews made me feel more secure to buy the Numark Mixtrack Pro II.
Numark Mixtrack Pro II was affordable for my budget. For $200.00 buying this turntable was worth it. Different brands were cheaper, but the quality of Numark Mixtrack Pro II was better. There are better turntables with higher quality sound, but I could not afford it. I did not need the most expensive turntable in the market because I am just a beginner player.
What I enjoy the most of this turntable are its features. According to Numark.com, “It features a streamlined design and as expanded layout of professional controls, including 16 backlit multifunction drum pads”. (Numark.com) It comes in two colors, silver and black. The Numark Mixtrack Pro II comes with an interesting software called Serato DJ. I downloaded this software for free on SeratoDJ.com. The feature of this music software is to keep the music organize by artist name and music genres. With this software the Numark Mixtrac Pro can function correctly. I was able to spend more time interacting with my music and less time staring at the computer screen. Internet connection is not necessary to use the software nor the turntable. Another feature of the Numark are “headphone inputs.” With this option, I can hear the songs I am mixing on my headphones while the Numark is playing a different song.
Learning how to setup the Numark turntable was really easy.  First, I connected it to my computer via USB. Second, I registered my product on numark.com. “Registering the product ensures that the Numark company can keep up to date with new product developments. Also, provides the customers with world class technical support”. Third, I placed the Numark Mixtrac Pro II on a flat stable surface. I made sure all devices were turned off, and all the controls were in zero. Then, I connected my microphone into the mic input, and I connected the turntable to my external Marshall amplifier.
Numark Mixtrack Pro II is easy to setup with Windows computers. Numark Mixtrac Pro works with PC; however, the computers must to have USB ports. Windows 7, 8, and 10 can read Serato DJ software. I have also installed this software on a Linux operating system, and it worked great. The same steps can be made on a Mac computer. Personally, I use a Mac computer and I have always enjoyed the experience of mixing music with this device.
The pros and cons of Numark Mixtrack Pro II: This device is ideal for a beginner DJ. It's perfect for creating an MP3 collection for small parties. I think this turntable gives me more control over the recording process. The price is cheaper than an old-school turntable. However, classic turntables can create a more realistic sounds when scratching vinyl discs.
            After buying the Numark Mixtrack Pro II, I could not stop playing it. In my free time, I try to learn how to use new effects and create new sounds. I like to create new loops and add strange noises over the songs. Last year, I was invited to play music for my friend’s harvest party.  For this party I mixed music using the Numark turntable. Most of the music I played at the party was pop music and country. My friend Mark really enjoyed having music at his party. He said that in his previous years he did not have a person playing music in the background. He appreciated that I took my Numark Mixtrack Pro II equipment that day.
Finally, I like the Numark Mixtrack Pro II because is the most user friendly controller on the market while still offering a high quality sound. Having the Numark Mixtrack Pro II make me enjoy mixing, scratching, and experimenting music in a fun way. I can play music at my friends and family parties.  Also, I have so much fun mixing music with this instrument, and in the future I would like to use it for weddings, and other small venues. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to mix and produce music. Learning how to mix music with the Numark Mixtrack Pro II and Serato DJ gave me the experience to understand the concept of mixing music like a professional DJ. 
                                                              Works Cited
Numark professional DJ equipment. In Music Brands Cumberland, RI USA, 14 July. 2015. Web.
Date of access:

5 November. 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment